Saturday 1 April 2017

Some true stories from my classroom

First and foremost, a classroom is a place of learning. However, it can be so much more. It's a place of fun, laughter, love, disappointment, tears, or everything at once. And not only for the students! Here are some true stories from my classroom.


Teacher (holding a red piece of paper): "So, what colour is this again?"
Students (age 4): "Red!"

Teacher (holding a green piece of paper): "And this one?"
Students: "Green!"
Teacher (holding a purple piece of paper): "Right. And this one?"
One student: "Purple rain!!!"





Friday, 1 p. m., 8th grade
Teacher (in her  very first years of teaching): "Goodbye, I'll see you all on Monday!"
One student (quietly, but loud enough I could hear him): "How 'bout tonight?"



Student (age 5): "Katarina, what's that in your tongue?" 
Teacher: "It's called a piercing."
Student: "But why do you have it in your tongue?"
Teacher: "Well, I like it there. The same way you like yours in your ears."
Student: "That makes sense. And it's pretty."
Teacher: "Thank you."
... in a few days ...
Student: "Katarina, I've got some bad news. I asked my mom if I could have my tongue pierced like miss Katarina does but she said NO :( "



"My day" essay. It was an honest mistake but it made my day :)




9th grade
Students: "That miss Gostinčar doesn't show her age at all. Who could tell she's 40?"
(hint: my secret to not looking 40 is being 33)


A description of a sport I excel at, apparently:



9th grade, yet again
Teacher to a fidgety student: "What's wrong with you today? What's going on?"
Students (giggling): "Oh let him be, he's in love."
Fidgety student: "Oh shut up, all of you!"
Teacher: "There's nothing wrong with that. It's spring, after all. However, you should still try and pay attention in my classroom."
Students (giggling harder): "You don't get it. He's in love with YOU!"
Ummmmmm ... :|


My chair on April Fool's Day




Students (after a home economics lesson): "We know we can be cranky sometimes. Here, we hope this makes you feel better!" 💙






No comments:

Post a Comment